NCALAM is a local non-profit organization that depends solely on the volunteer efforts of its membership. A key part of the growth and impact of this organization rests on its membership. Non-officer volunteer positions are available as indicated below:
- Program Committee – Do you like the continuing education that NCALAM provides? Would you like to help develop upcoming continuing education programs and events? If so, volunteer for our Program Committee.
- Outreach Committee –If you ever had questions about the field of laboratory animal medicine before you found your path to it, NCALAM would have been a good place to start. Give that opportunity to others and help with outreach to local veterinarians or veterinary students interested in laboratory animal medicine.
- Election Committee – Once a year NCALAM holds elections for officer positions. This committee helps organize the election process.
- Membership Committee – Wouldn’t it be great if every laboratory animal veterinarian and resident in North Carolina were a NCALAM member! Think of how much that would expand the network base and allow sharing of valuable information. The membership committee can help spread the word about NCALAM to increase our membership and actively recruit members.
- Webmaster – If you are technically savvy or want to learn about websites, have we got a low-stress website for you! Volunteer now.